Happiness in a relationship includes more than just the feeling of contentment. It is also about the ability to have intimacy and trust, which is why we often say that it’s impossible to be happy without love. So it's important to understand how much happiness you can get from your partner. Take this quiz and find out how happy you are in your relationship!
The Basics of Happiness
There are three main components to happiness in a relationship: intimacy, trust, and contentment. In order to feel happy in a relationship, you must have all three of these components. If you don’t feel fulfilled by your partner, then it’s important to make sure that you’re not only feeling content with your relationship but also feeling fulfilled in the other two components of happiness.
Intimacy is about connecting with your partner and being able to share with them without inhibition. When you share intimate moments with your partner, such as sharing a kiss or cuddling together on the couch for movie night, it allows you to be closer as a couple. Your partner needs this type of connection from you because if they don’t feel connected to you emotionally then they will begin to look elsewhere for intimacy.
Trust is about believing in your partner and knowing that they care about what happens in life and want the best for you both. When someone trusts their significant other implicitly and when they know they can rely on them no matter what, that leads to a greater sense of fulfillment and contentment in their relationship.
Contentment is the last component of happiness in relationships and often times people find themselves struggling with this more than any other one part. Contentment is when both partners are happy with each other’s presence in their lives even if there isn't always time for intimacy or close physical contact due to work or other obligations.
All the questions
1. How often do you talk to your partner?
- Practically never
- Very often
2. How often do you do things together
- We always operate separately
- Practically always. I always try to help my partner even with small jobs
- As often as possible, we try to
3. How often do you feel like talking on the phone?
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how often do you argue with each other?
5. If you don't see each other for a long time do you miss each other?
- Yes my partner and I miss each other even if we don't spend a few hours together
- No, we don't miss each other
- Yes, but it must be a long time apart
6. Is your partner being aggressive towards you?
- So very often
- It happens sometimes
- No, I never would have thought of that
7. How you feel about your boyfriend/girlfriend when you are next to him/her?
- I feel very safe and I know that I can rely on him
- I feel resentment. I try to stay away from my partner
- We like to hang out, but not very often.
8. Do you feel ignored by the other side of the relationship?
9. How close is your partner to you emotionally and physically?
- We don't talk to each other about more serious topics
- My partner and I are very close
- At the beginning of the relationship it was better, now it feels like we're drifting apart
10. Are there indications that your relationship may be toxic?
- Yes for sure our relationship is toxic
- No our relationship is not toxic
- Yes, I think our relationship can be toxic.